The ultimate spaghetti Frutti di Mare recipe, made with vongole, mussels, squid and shrimp. Aglio Olio classic style of seafood spaghetti, better than your favorite Italian restaurant.
1 kg vongole and/or mussels cleaned well
400 g wild shrimp peeled
400 g baby calamares cleaned well
2 dl extra virgin olive oil
4 tbs Aglio Olio Peperoncino
3 dl white wine
1 bunch chopped flat leaved parsley
1 packet Spaghetti ( 500 g)
250 g small sweet plume tomatoes or cherry tomatoes halved
sea salt to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook the spaghetti according to the package directions until Al Dente. Drain and save 1 cup of the salty pasta water.
- Meanwhile heat up a deep skillet on medium heat. Add olive oil, tomatoes and Aglio Olio Peperoncino mix. Stir quickly making sure not to burn the spice.
- Add in the vongole and mussels and toss them around.
Pour in the white wine and cover with a lid. Cook for about a minute or so until the clams start to open.
Add the shrimp and calamares to the skillet with clams and give it a stir. Cover and cook for another minute or so.
- Taste for seasonings with more Aglio Olio and add sea salt if needed.
- Turn down the spaghetti in the deep skillet and stir carefully together the clams, sauce and spaghetti. Sprinkle over parsley and some more olive oil.
- Serve when hot and enjoy! (If you are not a purist – finish of with some grinded Parmigiano Reggiano)