Servings 4 | Prep Time 20 min | Total Time 50 min
This one pot meal is perfect for your next Meatless Monday. Don’t forget the flatbread on the side to soak up all the deliciously spiced and aromatic sauce.
For The Curry:
1 dl Olive Oil
2 Onions, chopped
3 Garlic Cloves
10cm Fresh Ginger, peeled
5 Tbsp Roasted Kerala Coconut Curry
2 tsp Tomato Paste
400ml Can Chopped Tomatoes
400ml Can Coconut Milk
1 dl Vegetable Broth
3 dl Cooked Chickpeas
3 dl Cauliflower Florets
2 Tbsp Chutney
2 Tbsp Peanut Butter
1 Handful Flat-Leaf Parsley or Coriander
Flatbread (see recipe)
2 Limes, cut into slices or wedges
2 Handfuls Peanuts
Lightly Pickled Red Onions (2 small red onions, the juice of 1 lemon, 2 teaspoons of sugar)
- Heat some olive oil in a heavy-bottom pan and sauté the onions for 2-3 minutes. Then add the garlic and ginger and sauté for a few minutes until fragrant.
- Add tomato paste and the spices, stirring to fully distribute and cooking until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes, chutney, coconut milk, and peanut butter. Stir until the peanut butter is completely dissolved.
- Add vegetable broth, rinsed chickpeas, and cauliflower. Stir until fully combined and coated in the sauce.
- Lower the heat and let the curry simmer uncovered for 20 minutes until it thickens.
- Heat the flatbreads in the hot oven and serve them together with rice, quick-pickled red onions, lime slices, peanuts, and plenty of flat-leaved parsley or coriander.