- 1.8 kg chicken (fresh, preferably organic)
- 5 tbsp Spicy Caribbean Chicken Rub
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- To butterfly the chicken: Pat the room tempered chicken dry with paper towels and turn the chicken breast-side down on the board. Using strong kitchen scissors start at the tail and cut up each side of the backbone and cut the backbone out. Turn chicken breast side up and press down onto the breast bone until you hear a snap. Flatten out the chicken with a meat hammer.
- Rub mixture over both sides of the chicken. Let rest for at least 1h before preparation.
- Preheat oven or BBQ to 200 ° C
- Place the chicken in a roasting pan breast side down drizzled with olive oil.
- Roast for 1 hour in the oven or BBQ.
- When cooked, remove and cover with foil to rest for 10 minutes. To know if the chicken is done, you can use a thermometer, and let it go up to 80 ° C in core temperature.