Servings 8 | Prep Time 1 hour 20 min | Total Time 1 hour 30 min
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 120ml Warm Water
- 2 ¼ tsp Active Dry Yeast
- 500g Flour
- 120ml Plain Yogurt
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil (+ extra for skillet greasing)
- 3 Tbsp Butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp Roasted Kerala Coconut Curry
- Add the sugar, warm water, and yeast to a small bowl. Stir well to combine and let sit for about 10 minutes or until the mix has started to foam and bubble.
- To a large flat surface (like your kitchen countertop), add the flour and make a well in the middle using your fist. Add the yeast mixture, yogurt, salt, and oil. Knead for about 10 minutes until the dough surface smooths out, has a natural shine, and stops sticking to your fingers.
- Place the dough ball in a large bowl and cover with a damp cloth. Let it rise in a warm place until doubled in size (roughly 1 hour).
- After the dough has risen, divide the dough into 8 equal portions. Roll the dough
One key deterrent for not cooking Indian food on a weekday is that it is time-consuming. With our tailored curry blends, you can make a creamy Indian dish in under 30 minutes full of authentic Kerala flavors.