Servings 4 | Prep Time 5 min | Total Time 55 min
- 1.5kg Tomahawk Steak
- 3 Tbsp Beef Rub
- Coarse Salt
- Rub all sides of the steak with Beef Rub until evenly coated. Let it sit until room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- While the beef is coming to room temperature, preheat your grill with indirect heat of 125°C. Our favorite grill is the Big Green Egg or other Kamados because of the reverse sear method in this recipe.
- Place the beef on a roasting rack on the Big Green Egg. Leave to cook on indirect heat for an internal roasting temperature of 48°C. Take off the grill.
- Heat the grill to 275°C with direct heat.
- To sear the steak, place on the griddle and close the lid for 1 minute. Then, rotate the steak by a quarter for crisscross grill marks. Close the lid for another minute.
- Flip the steak and repeat step 5 on the other side. The meat should have an internal temp of 54°C after these steps for a perfect medium rare.
- Remove the steak from the grill and rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice in 1cm-thick slices against the grain, and sprinkle with coarse sea salt. Serve with our Chimichurri
Bonus! If you prefer to pair a compound butter with your steak, mix 1 Tbsp of our Chimichurri sauce with 3 Tbsp of room temperature butter. Dollop over fresh from the grilled steak.