Servings 4 | Prep Time 12 min | Total Time 30 min
Inspired by the traditional Indo-French dish, our Vadouvan French Curry Blend makes a silky, flavor-packed curry easy, perfect for a weeknight dinner. Quickly stewed, tender chicken thighs melt in this dish – best when served with jasmine rice or fluffy naan to soak up every drop.
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Medium Onions, chopped
- 6 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 4 Tbsp Vadouvan French Curry blend
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 470ml Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp Salt
- 6 Deboned Chicken Thighs
- 230ml Heavy Cream
- Generous Handful Fresh Cilantro Leaves
- In a large, heavy-bottomed pot, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add the chicken (skin side down if you kept the skin on) and brown. Remove once both sides are brown.
- Add the onions and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until translucent. Scrape the bottom of the pan while stirring to loosen the brown bits from the chicken.
- Add garlic and Vadouvan French Curry Blend, and cook for another minute.
- Add tomato paste, and cook for another minute, stirring well to combine with the onions and garlic. Add the chicken back to the pan.
- Deglaze with part of the broth ( use half as a start add add more if you want a thinner sauce) and cream and let simmer on low heat for 20 minutes until the chicken is tender and cooked through.
- Remove the chicken and thickly slice. Put the chicken and all the juices back in the curry and gently stir.
Serve with jasmine rice, cilantro or parsley leaves, and chutney on the side. Long for a gluten-free bread alternative to Naan bread? Try the papadum bread, a thin, crisp wafer of India, made of lentil flour and usually flavored with pepper and other spices.