Servings 6-8 | Prep Time 10 min | Total Time 2 hours 30 min
Beef roasted are one of the most impressive dinner centerpieces that take minimal effort and expertise. Cooked low and slow, this recipe makes tender roast with a tang from our Vinegar BBQ Rub that’s perfect for a summer dinner party.
- 1.5 kg Rib-Eye or Roast Beef Whole
- 3 Tbsp Vinegar BBQ Rub
- Remove the meat from the refrigerator. Rub Vinegar BBQ Rub into the meat and let rest 60 minutes before cooking to reach room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 165 degrees Celsius.
- Place the roast on a rack on a baking sheet. Bake the roast for approximately 30 minutes for every 500 g of meat for an even medium cook.
- Adjust accordingly for your preferred level of doneness (see chart below). You should use a meat thermometer to determine when the roast is done.
- Let the roast rest for at least 15 minutes, tented in aluminum foil to keep warm, before carving to serve.
PLEASE NOTE: Your cooking time depends on the size of your roast.
Rare: 47 degrees C – bright purple-red, tender and juicy.
Medium: 52 degrees C – rich pink, slightly juicy
Well Done: 57 degrees C – tan to brown, very little juice, meat can become tough.