Servings 6 | Prep Time 15 min | Total Time 55 min
Firey and bold, packed with flavor of Yemen and the Middle East. Creamy roasted eggplant with zesty homemade Zhug hummus are the perfect additions to your party food spread. Host a meze night on us by pairing this with our Tabbouleh Salad and Lamb Rub Dip with toasted pita chips.
- 4 Cups Chickpeas, cooked
- 1 dl Olive Oil
- 2-3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 tsp Cumin, grinded
- 2 tsp Coriander, grinded
- 3 tsp Sea Salt
- Pinch of Zhug Spice
- Generous Handful of Flat Leaf Parsley, chopped
- 3 Medium-Sized Eggplant
- 1 dl Olive Oil
- Pinch Zhug Spice
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Half the eggplant and score in a crisscross pattern, only going about 0.5-1cm deep. Place them skin side down in an oven dish.
- Drizzle with olive oil and a pinch of Zhug Spice. Massage until evenly coated.
- Bake the eggplant for about 40 minutes, or until golden and tender. Let them cool at room temperature.
- Place chickpeas, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, coriander, and a pinch of salt into a blender or food processor. Blend until your desired consistency. If too thick, add cold water 1 Tbsp at a time.
Place the roasted eggplant on a platter. Spoon over the hummus and sprinkle over olive oil and Zhug – a little goes a long way! For more bold spice, add more Zhug.
Sprinkle over chopped parsley to finish.
Pair with our Tabbouleh Salad and Lamb Rub Dip with toasted pita chips for the ultimate meze spread.
Finger foods designed for nibbling while socializing are the perfect easy-cooking and easygoing meal. Tapas and Meze are all typical small dishes from Mediterranean countries. Serve your guest a meze buffet of small dishes for leisure weekend mingling or start out your evening with individual finger foods or an excellent selection of nibbles and dips.