Servings 10 | Prep Time 15 min | Total Time 2 hour 30 min
Golden, crispy, and fluffy – surprisingly simple, no-knead bread with a pop of garlic, sun-dried tomato, and spice. Perfectly satisfying on its own or to accompany your favorite cheese boards and dips.
- 4 dl Water, warmed to 37 degrees Celsius
- 1 package 25g Dry Yeast
- 1 Tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 700g All-Purpose Flour
- 150ml Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Pizza Seasoning
- In a large bowl, combine the water, yeast, and sugar. Add half the flour and all the salt, stirring to combine. Add 1dl of the olive oil and stir to combine. Gradually add the remaining flour or enough until you have a slightly sticky dough.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise at room temperature for about 1 hours, or until doubled in size. At this point, you can refrigerate the dough for up to 72 hours before baking.
- Coat a sheet pan with the remaining olive oil. Turn the dough onto the pan and begin lightly pressing it out with your fingertips until it fits the size of the pan – trying not to knock out too much air.
- Turn the oven to 200°C. Dimple the dough with oiled fingertips. Cover, and let rise again for around 40-minutes at room temperature.
- sprinkle the dough with olive oil and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Take out of the oven and immediately sprinkle with Pizza Seasoning.
- Wait at least 15 minutes before slicing or tearing. Enjoy by itself, as a bread for sandwiches, or to dip in our Lamb Rub Dip or Creamy Aglio Olio Dip.
Oil your fingers and use them to push holes all over the dough; this helps ensure an even bake and that classic focaccia appearance! Drizzle the spices over the bread after its baked. Otherwise, the delicate herbs will burn and become bitter.