Servings 6-8 | Prep Time 5 min | Total Time 45 min
Fresh, fruity, juicy, and herby – these tender grilled chicken skewers with apricots will be the star of your next summer meal.A prime-cut, tender piece of steak hot off the grill with a coarse, sweetly peppery crust. Our Chipotle Honey Rub lends a southern twist to a steakhouse favorite.
1,5 kg Tomahawk Steak (or another prime cut steak)
3 Tbsp Chipotle Honey Rub
Salt to season
1. Rub all sides of the steak with Chipotle Honey Rub until evenly coated. Let it sit until room temperature, about 30 minutes.
2. While the beef resting to room temperature, preheat your grill with indirect heat of 125°C. Our favorite grill is the Big Green Egg or other Kamados because of the reverse sear method in this recipe.
3. Place the beef on a roasting rack on the Big Green Egg. Leave to cook on indirect heat for an internal roasting temperature of 48°C. Take off the grill.
4. Heat the grill to 275°C with direct heat.
5. To sear the steak, place on the griddle and close the lid for 1 minute. Then, rotate the steak by a quarter for crisscross grill marks. Close the lid for another minute.
6. Flip the steak and repeat step 5 on the other side. The meat should have an internal temp of 54°C after these steps for a perfect medium rare.
7. Remove the steak from the grill and rest for 10 minutes.
8. Slice in 1cm-thick slices against the grain, and sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
Bonus! We love serving this with crispy potatoes and a Chipotle Honey dipping sauce. Mix Chipotle Honey with a good mayonnaise and serve.