Finger licking sticky and juicy rack of ribs! Great BBQ sauce for ribs 1-2-3 style. The sauce is terrific on ribs, chicken or even a brisket!
Hatch Chili BBQ Sauce
• Olive oil
• 1,5 dl cup onion, chopped
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 dl cups green jalapeno chopped, skins and seeds removed and cleaned
• 2 dl ketchup
• 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
•1 dl of either honey or molasses or brown sugar (great either way)
• 1 bottle of a Lager beer (your choice)
• 6 tbsp Green Hatch Chili Blend
1. In a medium sized stock pot coat the bottom liberally with olive oil and heat up to a medium temperature. Add the onions, garlic and chile and saute for about 10 minutes.
2. Add the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, honey or molasses, brown sugar, beer and dry rub. Simmer on low for 30-40 minutes.
3. With an immersion blender or in a regular blender in small batches blend until smooth.
4. When ready to use, coat desired meat liberally with Green Hatch Chile rub and let sit for 2 hour prior to grilling. BBQ the meat low and slow and finish off your desired protein with the BBQ sauce.