Lamb Smashed Burgers
Summer flavors perfect for relaxed, outdoor dining! These mouthwatering lamb burgers are best cooked on a searing hot griddle, smashed flat with a burger press and served with the lovely topping sauce of Epic Spice Lamb Rub!
If you have Lamb Rub topping sauce over, place in the cooling and use as a dipping sauce with vegetables or a good grilled sourdough bread the day after!
Ingredients for 4 burgers
600g freshly ground/minced lamb or beef of your preference
1 tbsp Steak Seasoning
Sea salt and cracked black pepper
4 brioche burger buns
4 thick tomato slices
Crumbled feta cheese
Oil, for brushing the grate
For the Lamb Rub topping sauce
1 dl fat Greek yoghurt
1 dl mayonnaise
1 tbsp Lamb Rub or more, as of your preference
1 tsp honey
Pinch of salt
- Place the minced meat and Steak Seasoning in a large bowl, season with salt and pepper, then stir to combine. Let rest a few minutes and divide into 4 loose burgers.
- Make the topping sauce, combine all ingredients in a bowl and let rest in cooling until burgers are ready.
- Heat the stove or barbecue or open fire to medium–high. Brush a cast iron griddle with oil. Heat up the griddle.
- Grill the burgers on the hot griddle and firmly smash down with a burger press until they 1 cm thick. Grill until rare, medium or well done, as of your preference.
- Place the open breads on the griddle and give them a fast heat up.
Montage the burgers, bread, sauce, burger, tomato slice, feta cheese, sauce, bread.
Enjoy a fantastic burger!
Gluten Free Smashed Burger
Use an iceberg salad leaf instead of brioche bread and montage the burger inside the lettuce leaf. Follow the rest of the recipe.
Vegetarian Smashed Burger
Replace the minced meat with grilled Haloumi and follow the rest of the recipe.