Grilled Aglio Olio Shrimps
This grilled garlic, chili and parsley shrimp recipe is very easy and so amazingly delicious. Get large shrimp so they can grill longer and get maximum caramelization.
Serve with the Aglio Olio mayonaise sauce below and a good sourdough bread. Or server the shrimps together with spaghetti and pour the lovely oil from the skillet over the dish, finish of with some Parmigiano Reggiano.
20 large raw shrimps
2 tbsp Aglio Olio Peperoncino
2 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp lemon zest
4 tbsp olive oil
Aglio Olio dipping sauce for serving
1 dl fat Greek yogurt
1 dl mayonnaise
1,5 tbsp Aglio Olio Peperoncino
- Mix olive oil, Aglio Olio blend, salt and lemon zest in a large bowl. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp into the bowl and turn until shrimp are evenly coated with the spices and oil. Let rest in the cooling for 10 minutes.
- While shrimps resting, blend all ingredients for the dipping sauce in a bowl. Stir and leave to rest in the cooling.
- Heat up a cast iron griddle or skillet over open fire, on the stove or in the bbq.
Place the shrimps in the skillet or on the griddle. Grill on each side until shrimp are bright pink and opaque and exterior is beginning to caramelize, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedges, dipping sauce, and some sliced grilled sourdough bread.