Adobo Chicken Wings
Adobo with its origins from the Mexican cuisine is a real flavor enhancer, with heat, acidity and salt! Sticky Chicken Wings is the perfect finger food – for the barbecue party, at the buffet or prepared for picnic.
- 16 chicken wings (approx. 2 kg – count 3 wings p.p. as finger food)
- Adobo seasoning
- 1 cup syrup or liquid honey
- Sesame seeds
- Grilled lime slices
- Place the chicken wings in an oven dish. Season with Adobo seasoning and honey.
- Heat the grill to medium temperature, about 180 degrees.
- Put a cast iron griddle in the grill and brush it with oil. Grill the wings about 6–8 minutes over direct heat.
- Move to cooler place in the grill and continue cooking for about 8 minutes until the meat loosens easily from the bone.
- The chicken wings can also be prepared in the oven on 180 g for about 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sesame seed when the wings are ready.
- Carefully grill the lime slices on both sides, use as garnish.
- Serve the wings with guacamole and citrus / honey dipping sauce and tortillas or flatbread.